This food hygiene training module will arm you to the basic principles of Food Safety and Hygiene.
It is ideal as induction training and will benefit anyone working in the food and drink environment but not involved with food preparation.
Successful completion of this Virtual College course will enable you to understand:
- How to keep yourself clean and hygienic
- How to keep your work area clean
- How food becomes contaminated and your role in reducing contamination
If you are involved (or going to be involved) with food preparation you will need to undertake Level 2 Food Safety training.
Please click on the related products tab above for more information about our Level 2 courses.
The sections covered include:
- Learning Objectives and an introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene, as well as how they relate to food that has been prepared and served.
- Why Food Safety is important – This section looks at the consequences of poor food safety and hygiene and causes of food borne illness.
Approximately 2 hours. However, the course can be completed at your leisure.
This course is targeted at new employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge; employees handling low-risk or wrapped food or those who work front of house, such as waiting or check out staff, as well as back of house such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
Anyone working or preparing to work in the Food Industry, either in the Catering, Manufacturing or Retail Sectors, should complete the Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Training if they are handling and/or preparing food.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines