This course will help you achieve good standards of food safety and hygiene. You will study the main types of food safety hazards, their sources and methods of control.
You will also understand:
- Why food hygiene and safety is important
- Their personal and legal responsibilities
- The impact of food borne illness
- How food becomes contaminated
- How to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices
- How to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- How to control food safety hazards at critical control points using a HACCP based Food Safety Management System
This course is aimed at every catering business, regardless of size, to provide all staff with first class training at a fraction of the cost and disruption of classroom based training.
EU Regulation 852/2004 Hygiene for Foodstuffs requires Food Businesses to make sure that any staff who handles food are supervised, instructed and trained in Food Hygiene in a way that is appropriate to the work they do.
Upon completion of this course, learners will sit an online test and on successful completion, will receive a City & Guilds Accredited Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety and Hygiene meeting the legal training required, which must then be applied to work situations.
The sections covered during this course include:
- Learning Objectives and an introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene
- Impact of Food-Borne illness
- Understanding Food Law
- Food Safety Hazards and Contamination
- Food Preservation, Storage and Temperature Control
- Hygienic Premises and Equipment
- Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP
Approximately 2-3 hours. However, the course can be completed at your leisure.
This food safety and hygiene course is aimed at anyone working in a role that involves contact with food, or the management of such people
Regulations require that anyone involved in food handling must be appropriately trained in food safety. The module can be used either as Induction, Awareness, Refresher and Foundation Training.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is Accredited by City & Guilds.
Note, this course is an accredited training programme, should you require a full qualification you will be required to undertake an additional assessment by visiting an accredited test centre at an additional cost.
When you have successfully completed your Virtual College course and attained the 75% required test pass, you will be able to download a City & Guilds Accredited Certificate. The certificate should be displayed to show appropriate training has taken place.
£15.00 + VAT (£18.00 inc VAT) - This price includes a self-printed certificate.