This course will ensure anyone who handles food is supervised, instructed and trained in Food Hygiene in a way that is appropriate to the work they do.
This course will benefit anyone working in food processing, manufacturing, food assembly, packing and food storage. It will help any size of manufacturing business to provide their staff with first class training at a fraction of the cost and without the disruption of classroom-based training.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners should understand:
- Why food hygiene and safety is important
- Their personal and legal responsibilities
- The impact of food borne illness
- How food becomes contaminated
- How to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices
- How to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- How to control food safety hazards at critical control points using a HACCP based Food Safety Management System
Upon completion of this online training learners will sit an online test and on successful completion, will receive a City & Guilds Accredited Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety and Hygiene meeting the legal training required, which must then be applied to work situations.
This module will provide learners with an understanding of a wide-range of key food safety issues, including the three main types of food safety hazard, their sources and methods of control.
Topics will include: storage and food handling; temperature; raw material; the manufacturing process; packing and distribution to customers; pathogens; cleaning and disinfection and how these apply to the workplace.
The sections covered include:
- Learning Objectives and an introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene
- Impact of Food-Borne Illness
- Understanding Food Law
- Food Safety Hazards and Contamination
- Food Preservation, Storage and Temperature Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Hygienic Premises and Equipment
- Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
Approximately 2-3 hours. However, the course can be completed at your leisure.
This Food Safety and Hygiene for Manufacturing course is aimed at anyone working in a manufacturing or processing environment, small or large, which could include food factories, meat cutting plants, dry goods and vegetable packing, dairies, breweries and bottling plants.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
When you have successfully completed your course and attained the 75% required test pass, you will be able to download a City & Guilds Accredited Certificate. The certificate should be displayed to show appropriate training has taken place.